Cross-Disciplinary Performance Concentration (27 credits)
Majors concentrating in Cross-Disciplinary Performing Arts will:
- Show an understanding and ability to conduct research in medium-specific histories;
- Publicly and professionally perform or support performance by engaging in a theatrical/ musical/ or dance productions consistently throughout a 4-year career;
- Develop time management and budgeting skills;
- Develop proficiency in a performance related field (instrument, dance, acting etc.); and
- Understand the intersection of multiple performing arts disciplines as it relates to the professional world.
Students must complete an additional 27 credits from courses chosen from Arts Administration (VPN), Dance (VPD), Music (VPM), or Theatre (VPT).
- Complete Three 100-Level VPN, VPD, VPM, or VPT courses (9 credits).
- Complete Three 200-Level VPN, VPD, VPM, or VPT courses (9 credits).
- Complete Three 300- or 400-Level VPN, VPD, VPM, or VPT courses (9 credits).
Note: Students may complete an Internship (VPx) 475, Directed Study (VPx 490) (3 credits), or up to 3 semesters of the same 1-credit Performance Courses to fulfill the requirements above:
VPD 357 - Dance Company (1 credit)
VPD 358 - Dance Company, Production (1 credit)
VPM 133 - Collegiate Chorale (1 credit)
VPM 134 - Concert Ensemble (1 credit)
VPM 135 - Music Technology Ensemble (1 credit)
VPM 139 - Guitar Ensemble (1 credit)
VPM 140 - Studio Guitar (1 credit)
VPM 141 - Studio Piano (1 credit)
VPM 142 - Studio Brass (1 credit)
VPM 143 - Studio Percussion (1 credit)
VPM 144 - Studio Strings (1 credit)
VPM 145 - Studio Woodwinds (1 credit)
VPM 146 - Studio Voice (1 credit)
VPT 225 - Play Production (1 credit)