Apr 15, 2024  
2021-2022 Hill Book (Class of 2025) 
    
2021-2022 Hill Book (Class of 2025) [ARCHIVED HILL BOOK]

HIS 309 - The Gilded Age and the Progressive Era 1865-1929

Three Credits
Not Offered 2019-2020

This course will immerse students in two of the most colorful, tumultuous, and important epochs in U. S. History: the Gilded Age (1865-1900) and the Progressive Era (1900-1920), transformative periods, when banks and corporations wielded enormous power, the income gap between the 1% and the other 99% grew significantly larger, and new technologies dramatically changed American lives, a time when heated debates about U.S. military interventionism, the environment, and immigration dominate the news headlines.

Course Applies to: American Studies
Note: Considered a United States History