The Master of Professional Studies in Data Analytics offered through the Leo J. Meehan School builds on Stonehill’s history of academic rigor in both liberal arts and professional programs. The graduate program provides students with a deep understanding of how to work with data, perform thoughtful and actionable analysis, and communicate this analysis to stakeholders.
In addition to the degree from Stonehill, students will also have the opportunity to earn a certificate of competency from the SAS Institute affirming the technical programming and coding competency of program graduates as it relates to SAS software. The final course in the sequence will be a major field program where students will apply their learned skills to a real-world data analytics project.
A student who has completed the program should be able to:
- Identify a business problem or opportunity and how data analytics may be applied to solve the problem and/or increase business value.
- Acquire, access, assay, and prepare data for analysis.
- Identify and perform appropriate methods of data analysis.
- Interpret and communicate analysis results to stakeholders without bias.
- Conduct data analysis with high regard for security, privacy, and ethics.