Major Program Co-Directors:
Ralph J. Bravaco
Office: College Center 226-C
Hsin-hao Su (Sabbatical, Spring 2020)
Office: Duffy Academic Center 231
The College offers a major in Data Science.
At Stonehill College, data science is an interdisciplinary program using methods from computer science, statistics, and mathematics to analyze data from various domain areas
The mission of the program is to produce graduates who will be able to discover complex relationships among large data sets and exploit such relationships when making decisions.
Majors in Data Science will:
- understand fundamental statistical, mathematical and computational principles that underlie the discipline;
- build statistical and machine learning models;
- understand and apply data visualization techniques;
- work with data from various disciplines and sources;
- communicate results effectively.